VenomLand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please beware, to register at venomland you are requested to use your full name (first and family name) - nicknames are not allowed and will be not activated! thx

Dear Venomland Members and Friends, Venomland is a little more than 6 years old now and by far the biggest Hot Snake community on the Planet! We want to thank all of you who made Venomland the leading Board. We are also very thankful to our Moderators and Admins for years of hard work. Now, it is time to move on. I have been thinking how to proceed and what to do with our beloved board as we reach a size, that we need to make drastic changes to secure the future of our community. As of now, Venomland is hosted by a free (well mostly free) hosting service. That was good for the first years but now we need to find a new way to run our forum. I have spend hundreds of Dollars over the years to keep Venomland up and running, and i have done so with pleasure. Now, we need your help! We need to come up with several thousand dollars for our Venomland 2.0 project, which i frankly cant pay for any longer by myself. So Venomland is asking his Friends and Members for the first time for their financial Support. Please help to keep Venomland alive, and let us move on to a new, better Portal in the Future! Every Dollar is helping us a great deal. I know, its hard times for everyone, but please spare a few Dollar for our community. If you have only 10 Dollars to spare, we are grateful, if it is more, it would be awesome. We are planning to develop a very new Venomland, with real community functions, a forum like you are already loving it and a real (online) Hot Snake Magazin. Also, there will be download areas for scientific papers, Wallpapers and more. Again folks, we can only do that if you all help. Please send me a Private Message if you want to keep Venomland alive, i will provide you with the details on how to donate Money. For now, we can accept money from creditcards via skrill (please google it, its a free service - account-details will be forwarded to you) and paypal. All the best, and for a (hopefully) nice future of our Board. Mario

N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs

Go down 
+10
Mario Lutz
Guenter Leitenbauer
Richard Mastenbroek
JohnLight
Jon Davidson
Peter Zürcher
Bostjan Kraner
Randy Ciuros
Michael Jonasson
Jason Bruno
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Pascal Wagenaus
Pascal Wagenaus

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-04-05

N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 4:01

Wow... a lot of traffic here! I think no specimen in my collection is nearly as feisty as some of you guys ;-) it probably makes more fun to rejoice in that unique pictures and all of the experience behind it.

Jason... really great animals that you collect and breed congrats. I love all of your lolly pops and would give my left hand to own some. Please don´t stop posting your pictures and input... it´s always a pleasure to my eyes.

As Bostja wrote unfortunately some of the most impressive snakes (in my opinion) are rarely or not available here in Europe. Maybe someday!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.hotsnakes.de
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male
Number of posts : 568
Registration date : 2010-03-14

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 4:05

you never know really, i just guess. There was for example a designer python made called 'Paradox Hypo Super Mojave'. Mojave being het blueye leucistc. That was the combination of Super Mojave (Blue-eye Leucistic) X Paradox (Unproven-random occurance) X Hypomelanistic (Homozygous). I don't know if is defined what genes or rather what caracteristics (colour or pattern) are predominantly passed on to the next generation in Kaouthia when breeding two morphs. In Ball Python Morphs this caracteristics are usualy known, so we can tell with some accuracy what will be the outcome of the crossing.

I'm not the scietist so I can only asume based on information available. Neither did I cross any morphs yet. But I am planing to breed my Mojave Ball Python this year or maybe the next with normal female. Later I'll breed the same male to the Enchi Pastel female to produce Enchi-Mojave Ball Python.

Maybe breeding Leucistic-Sunset would produce more pearl looking animals.
Back to top Go down
Peter Zürcher
Admin
Admin
Peter Zürcher

Male
Number of posts : 1266
Registration date : 2008-03-06

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 4:38

Quote :
Maybe breeding Leucistic-Sunset would produce more pearl looking animals.

Not at all.
Once again:Classic or real leucism is a genetic defect (sorry, but it is a defect) causing the skin not to have any pigment cells.
For the reason we have two theories - the first and older one says that pre cells for pigment cells are unable to migrate from the neural crest - the second one says they do, but they're not able to survive in the skin.
Anyway, no pigment cells - no colors, not even "pearl"
There were some interesting tests: If you implant pigment cells (melanophores in this case) into the skin of amelanistic snakes, they survive and start to produce melanin. If you implant pigment cells into a leucistic skin, they die.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Understanding-Reptile-Color-and-Correct-Color-Terminology

By the way: "pearl" exists already in Naja kaouthia - a breeder from the netherlands called his suphan offspring (me and others believe them to be very bright suphans) that way.

Last edited by Peter Zürcher on Thu 27 May - 5:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.reptilienzoonockalm.at
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 4:42

I have to check it, thanx
Back to top Go down
Jason Bruno
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jason Bruno

Male
Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-12-06

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 5:36

This is where my experience comes in. There are 2 sunset lines, one is a sunset to sunset and the other is sunset to leucistic. If you breed a leucistic to the sunset/sunset line you will get animals that are het for leucistic and sunset. If you breed a leucistic to a sunset/leucistic line you will produce Sunsets, Leucistics and the Blizzard phase that I posted a pic of. The Blizzard carries both Sunset and Leucitic genes. My leucistic line is pure leucistic so if you breed leucistics to leucistics you will get the blue eyed Leucistics and nothing else. There are a plethera of other sunset morphs that people are trying to name but again it feels like a sales train but whatever people want to do is fine. Some breeders are producing varients of the sunsets and naming EVERYTHING thats is diiferent looking even just the slightest, thats aburd but again its personnel preference. I sold my sunsets off and all I work with is pure leucistic lines and trying produce the orangest albinos I can. Alot of the sunsets from the sunset/leucistic line seem to fade with age where as the sunset/sunset lines stay pretty vivid. The Supersun I sold Randy was only produced once in a 10 year project. She is a very special Kaouthia that essentially allows Randy to venture in new and exciting morphs. With that being said about them and me selling them, do you honestly feel that I'm breeding for money and "freaks". I cut back to Leucistics and Albinos which are my favorites and feel that I can produce albinos that will be just as intense as the brightest Sunsets and it will happen.
Thanks again for all the kind replies, I do appreciate it very much. Thank you

Last edited by Jason Bruno on Thu 27 May - 5:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 5:37

This is very interesting stuff, so Leucistic mutations in Ball Pythons are kind of "Hormone Mediated Pseudoalbinism or Pseudoleukism (HMP complex)". There is clear diference to tell the truth between Kaouthia Leucistic and Ball Paython Leucistic. So 'Leucism' is really a defect in the skin but is also genetic. Ball pythons we could say than have more 'names' rather than real genetic definition. Colur mutations are than genetic and leucism is a defect. Well we can't know for all, what are their origins. It's good to beter understand the basics of this colour changes. I wish this kind of sources were more available and presented to morph collectors or anyone interested to get better understanding of this subject. It would maybe give the breeders better guidelines when producing designer morphs of any kind reptiles.

I hope this findings are published. I will definetly take a look at this again to slowly read it, my understanding of this is far from scientific, but it would be very intersted to read more about this in the future.

If anybody is interested - I recomend

http://hubpages.com/hub/Understanding-Reptile-Color-and-Correct-Color-Terminology

Last edited by Bostjan Kraner on Thu 27 May - 5:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 5:57

You're saying actually Jason that is that Blizzard is a cross that I said I'd make (sunset X Leucistic), but Peter is explaining the real meaning of the word Leucism or Leucistic. There was a misunderstandind from all sites. This makes it that Kaouthia Leucism is a genetic mutation, more than real 'Leucism' in the meaning of the word. And explains to me that they have been crossed already by you. And also explains that the gene is simple recessive in Leucistic and Co.Dominant in Sunset Morph. Kaouthia colour mutation is genetic and mimics the raal leucism that has random occurance.
Back to top Go down
Jelmer Groen
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer

Male
Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 6:03

Quote :
By the way: "pearl" exists already in Naja kaouthia - a breeder from the netherlands called his suphan offspring (me and others believe them to be very bright suphans) that way.

Actually they we're bred in Germany and some we're sold to people in the Netherlands. I have 1.1. of this specimens in my position. They we're bred in 2006.
Also I think they are bright suphans. I will soon show some pictures of the adults.
This clutch has been discussed before in this topic.

https://venomland.forumotion.com/naja-f1/naja-kauothia-suphan-t41.htm

Cheers,

Jelmer
Back to top Go down
http://www.snakesofasia.nl

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 6:03

Hi,

why flame? Theres no need to down rate Jasons posts. Bubblegumcolormorphbreeding isn't my world too but why hate it that much?

Maybe not exactly ontopic, but, does anyone know something about the effects from breeding temperature on spontaneous gene mutation during the meiosis by crossbreeding different phenotypes of one species? Such as "incomplete penetrance" from dominant alleles? i asked that on a few boards. nobody can tell anything about it.

I got an animal that is a crossbreed between two phenotypes of the same species an the parents where homozygous ones which only breeds one Phenotype if breed with the same phenotype. But with "extremely" different breeding temps there comes two different phenotypes out. And thats no thing that accords to mendel.

Maybe there are species known that produces different phenotypes by different breeding temps?

Sorry. Not the breeding temp but the temperature during the fertilization? of the eggs.
Back to top Go down
Jason Bruno
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jason Bruno

Male

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 6:21

Bostjan here is the break down
Leucistic male to a Sunset/Sunset female you will get "normal" looking animals that are het for sunset and leucistic.
"Leucistic male to a Sunset/leucistic female you will get Sunsets, leucistics and the Blizzard.
You have to remember that there is 2 sunset lines. The wild caught sunset male was breed to a wild caught Leucistic female and hatchlings were born. Then the wild caught sunset male was breed to a wild caught sunset female and then babies. So one sunset line has Leucistic genes and the other doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 6:34

So are both recessive, what is than 'supersun'?
Back to top Go down
Jason Bruno
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jason Bruno

Male

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 27 May - 7:08

That's what some are working on. When they figure it out I will post it. I just lost interest and I know its going to go crazy and honestly want nothing to do with it. The Supersun mimics the red/orange original female but is "hypo" and has ruby red eyes compared to the dark/orange and normal eyed original female. The male must have carried either a hypo or pastel gene. Some think that the supersun carries both Albino -/+ genes along with a hypo or pastel gene. The Lavendar phase that are lavendar as babies turn orange with lavendar on the hood mainly as they get older. Looking like a outstanding albino with lavendar. Like I said in previous post there needs to be more breeding to isolate everything and to have a better sense on what's going on. Ya you can guarantee there will be more and more morphs coming about but with no market for them here all those babies will need homes.
Back to top Go down
Bostjan Kraner
Serpent Chief
Serpent Chief
Bostjan Kraner

Male

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 28 May - 0:12

Interested snakes, for sure find home. As long as the price is good. From the price that you send me for Leuc. i can tell that they are not overpriced, like for example Ball Pythons. There some mutations, like Coral Glow (Banana-Whitesmoke), are extremly expensive - 20000$. I paid for Mojave Ball 550€ in 2007. Thre is better market in US for this.

I hope you'll show us new things when you come across them. I'm not the No1 fan for cobras, but when my larger snake room is finished in next two years, some of this morphs will find a home with me. Leucistic and Sunset definetly. For now I don't want to keep large Elapids in a room 3,7 x 2,7m (12 x 9 ft), for security reasons.
Back to top Go down
Karl Müller
Snakekeeper
Snakekeeper
Karl Müller

Male
Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-04-26

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 30 May - 23:45

Jason very nice snakes you have there!
And I envy Randy hi can buy from you this beauty’s.
Regards,
Karl
Back to top Go down
Jason Bruno
Snakecharmer
Snakecharmer
Jason Bruno

Male

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 31 May - 23:37

Thank you Karl. I'm sure Randy is happy to own such animals. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Richard Mastenbroek
Snakemaster
Snakemaster

Male
Number of posts : 264
Registration date : 2010-05-05

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jun - 14:39

Karl Müller wrote:
Jason very nice snakes you have there!
And I envy Randy hi can buy from you this beauty’s.
Regards,
Karl

I really like al the different colours and morphs of kaouthia but Karl your kaouthia rule they are nicest animals I have ever seen pictures of.

cheers

Richard
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingsnake.com/elapids
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs   N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

N. Kaouthia Sunset Morphs
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3